• Syn and Papa Gates stream coming soon!

click here to learn more It's happening. Private stream May 5th 1:00 CDT.
Golden Goddess Guitar Leaderboard

I don't know where to start

Aether

New Student
Jan 15, 2021
I have been playing for some time now, and I just found out that Synyster had a page and all that stuff, and I wanted to know if it is ok to start from where I think my actual level is, or if it is worth to start from the very beginning?

Alicia Willis

Administrator
Staff member
Legend
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Augusta, GA
    Welcome dude ! I know a lot of people do jump around on the lessons, but I would say it’s definitely worth going back and taking a look at some of the beginner lessons too. A lot of people here have found valuable info there that has helped their playing :)

Ids Schiere

Sold-out Crowd Surfer
    Legend
    Nov 11, 2019
    Groningen
    Welcome!

It kind depends, I think the best way to go through the lessons is by taking a peek at the beginner section to make sure you understand the topics discussed there. For example, how to build chords, the major scale and CAGED are very important to understand so if you aren't familiar with those I would recommend looking at those first.

Aether

New Student
    Jan 15, 2021
    Welcome dude ! I know a lot of people do jump around on the lessons, but I would say it’s definitely worth going back and taking a look at some of the beginner lessons too. A lot of people here have found valuable info there that has helped their playing
    Welcome dude ! I know a lot of people do jump around on the lessons, but I would say it’s definitely worth going back and taking a look at some of the beginner lessons too. A lot of people here have found valuable info there that has helped their playing :)
    Also. is it wrong if I sometimes go to more advanced classes to learn something I'm interested in? An example, I've been struggling with the melodic minor scale for a long time, so I'd like to learn it, but shall I go step by step or can I sometimes go directly towards the topic I'm interested in?

Synner Endless Summer Collection

Ids Schiere

Sold-out Crowd Surfer
    Legend
    Nov 11, 2019
    Groningen
    You can definitely jump to lessons you're interested in, I do the same and it doesn't hurt, if you're more interested in something you probably will be more motivated in learning it so there's really no problem.

Reactions: Alicia Willis

Aether

New Student
    Jan 15, 2021
    You can definitely jump to lessons you're interested in, I do the same and it doesn't hurt, if you're more interested in something you probably will be more motivated in learning it so there's really no problem.
    Thaks bro, I appreciate your help, and everyone else's help too

Reactions: Ids Schiere