I have a questions about festivals

Richard O'connor

Nov 11, 2019
Birmingham, England.
This might be a stupid question but hey ho. Ive been to a few festivals, and i’m going to download festival again this summer. Get to see avenged headlining!. My question is how to bands, especially when headlining sound check? I imagine when they play their own tour shows they can sound check during the day but with festivals there is a quick turn around. Just wondering how they get such a good sound so quickly

Jen Hapke

Nov 11, 2019
I went to Rock im Park a few years ago (I want to go this year again) and all bands had there soundcheck right before there stage time. The headliner have a hour before there set and all other bands have only half an hour at RIP. It’s kind of a really quick soundcheck and sometimes the sound isn’t that good especially outdoor. Breaking Benjamin were mixed terribly. Ben’s voice was really quiet but I still liked there set.

Dominik Graeber

Nov 11, 2019
Saarland
Just like @Jen said, the soundcheck happens between the band changes and is like 10 to 15 minutes long from what I experienced. Sometimes that makes for a horrible sound depending on where you stand. I saw Red Hot Chilli Peppers at Rock am Ring in one of the front rows and the sound from there was so horrible that I could barely hear anything else than bass.