I Really Need Audio Help

Jak Angelescu

Guitarist for Unknown. I Run This Joint
Staff member
Sep 24, 2019
Kansas City, MO
Guitar Experience (years)
Hello everyone! I am so sick and tired of poor audio and video quality. Every time I have a guitar lesson through Skype, the video is extremely choppy, even when I go through my cell phone the audio quality is terrible. I just recorded through Skype my guitar lesson and I played it back and 99% of the time the sound cuts out. Is there anything that I can do to give myself a better video and sound quality? Or is there an app that is better than Skype?

Reactions: Ids Schiere

Calvin Phillips

Nov 11, 2019
Hello everyone! I am so sick and tired of poor audio and video quality. Every time I have a guitar lesson through Skype, the video is extremely choppy, even when I go through my cell phone the audio quality is terrible. I just recorded through Skype my guitar lesson and I played it back and 99% of the time the sound cuts out. Is there anything that I can do to give myself a better video and sound quality? Or is there an app that is better than Skype?
Im thinking this is a mix between your pc audio card and Skype..

What you may wanna consider is finding a streaming program. It'll record your screen and volume controls as if it's your headset like as if you were streaming online. And you cam save it.or delete... etc. You don't have to be streaming to record it. Im not sure if there are any cheap ones.. i think obs studio was free.

• Love
Reactions: Jak Angelescu

Jak Angelescu

Staff member
Sep 24, 2019
Kansas City, MO
Im thinking this is a mix between your pc audio card and Skype..

What you may wanna consider is finding a streaming program. It'll record your screen and volume controls as if it's your headset like as if you were streaming online. And you cam save it.or delete... etc. You don't have to be streaming to record it. Im not sure if there are any cheap ones.. i think obs studio was free.
I have obs! Thanks Calvin that helps a lot!

Calvin Phillips

Nov 11, 2019
I have obs! Thanks Calvin that helps a lot!
Yeah I cant remember how to do it but I'm sure you'll figure it out. Google it .. but inused to try to record my wow games that way boss kills. But my oc wasn't good enough to record the game on the fly. I'd imagine skype wouldn't be too bad. And you have full control of your volume. And where you put shit.

Andrei Moraru

Nov 11, 2019
andreilucianmoraru.com
You could also give Google Meet a try. I use it for tech interviews and coaching sessions. It generally has really good audio and video. Far better for me than Skype ever was.

Ed Seith

Staff member
Nov 11, 2019
Marana, AZ USA
Skype is choppy a lot. You can try Zoom, Google Hangouts, Microsoft Teams (if it's out and free), and maybe some others. Skype is just old tech, and bandwidth hardly ever seems to solve the problems.

Jak Angelescu

Staff member
Sep 24, 2019
Kansas City, MO
Skype is choppy a lot. You can try Zoom, Google Hangouts, Microsoft Teams (if it's out and free), and maybe some others. Skype is just old tech, and bandwidth hardly ever seems to solve the problems.
Thank you!!