Golden Goddess Guitar Leaderboard
S

Learning The Fretboard – Lesson 42

Lesson by: SynGates.com

Christian Schulze

Legend
Nov 11, 2019
Spain
PG sent me back for homework....here and I am....been doing notes on strings. And the C scale on the fretboard. Let's go!

Synner Endless Summer Collection

CallumP

• Nov 24, 2019
    Nottingham
    www.youtube.com
    GREAT JOB!!!! This is much harder than it looks. Well done!!!
    Thank you!! Planning on working my way around the circle of fifths and doing a similar style video for each key to slowly add in new notes and eventually truly learn the fretboard! Thank you for this lesson I would of never even thought to try something like this!

Aaron Shepanik

Nov 11, 2019
    hey way to go. I'm buying in to this too, now. I'm going to try to learn the notes on the fretboard first, then, if I actually know them all, should be able to burn through any major scale with one note per string. Lofty goal, I know, but gonna start with the memorization first!

• Love
    Reactions: CallumP

Aaron Shepanik

Nov 11, 2019
    hey way to go. I'm buying in to this too, now. I'm going to try to learn the notes on the fretboard first, then, if I actually know them all, should be able to burn through any major scale with one note per string. Lofty goal, I know, but gonna start with the memorization first!
    Update---I'm still working on this XD. I'm feeling pretty good with knowing, C, D, E, and F so far on the fret board. Next is G, and then A and B. My thought is that I can input the sharps then kinda ad-lib but we'll see.

Reactions: Christian Schulze

Christian Schulze

Legend
    Nov 11, 2019
    Spain

Aaron Shepanik

Nov 11, 2019
    • Love
    Reactions: Christian Schulze

Andrew Chung

Nov 11, 2019
    "You'll know your fretboard better than most guitar players out there, and I mean most good guitar players." But does that include Syn? :p JK, I'm sure it doesn't

Adin Shepherd

Nov 11, 2019
    Melbourne, Australia
    keeping my struggle to learn the fretboard. Made my diagrams based on learning 5 and 6th strings and the "dotted" frets (3-5-7-9), finding the octaves and using the idea of "chunking" that @Christian J.S. Schulze Aguiar explains on his video. I'm sharing in case someone can find these ideas useful
    View attachment 870

Another pattern to take note of is the relationship between B,C,D and E,F,G on adjacent strings.

Wally

Legend
  • Sep 27, 2020
    Michigan City, IN
    I'm not sure if this will help anyone but I've been doing my homework and I've been practicing finding all the notes for about 2 hours now and so far I've memorized all the notes A-F. What I did to memorize the notes faster was I gave myself a cheat sheet too look at by writing all of the notes in Tabs. My goal is to be able to play all of the notes without having to look at my cheet sheet but this gave me a good idea for where to look at when trying to find different notes. 20201129_181110.jpg

William Byerley

Ambassador
    Legend
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Home
    I stumbled across this by accident a few years, I was able to find a few. I kept getting frustrated trying to go backwards, nice to know it's an actual thing! Gonna try to do the extra credit part when I get more comfortable with it.