S

Learning The Fretboard – Lesson 42

Lesson by: SynGates.com

CallumP

Nov 24, 2019
Trying to work on that C scale across each string, as Brian said it makes me want to pull my hair out, when I have it down planning to put a video here if anyone wants to see it across all 7 goes round :)

CallumP

Nov 24, 2019
GREAT JOB!!!! This is much harder than it looks. Well done!!!
Thank you!! Planning on working my way around the circle of fifths and doing a similar style video for each key to slowly add in new notes and eventually truly learn the fretboard! Thank you for this lesson I would of never even thought to try something like this!

Nov 11, 2019
hey way to go. I'm buying in to this too, now. I'm going to try to learn the notes on the fretboard first, then, if I actually know them all, should be able to burn through any major scale with one note per string. Lofty goal, I know, but gonna start with the memorization first!

• Love
Reactions: CallumP
Nov 11, 2019
hey way to go. I'm buying in to this too, now. I'm going to try to learn the notes on the fretboard first, then, if I actually know them all, should be able to burn through any major scale with one note per string. Lofty goal, I know, but gonna start with the memorization first!
Update---I'm still working on this XD. I'm feeling pretty good with knowing, C, D, E, and F so far on the fret board. Next is G, and then A and B. My thought is that I can input the sharps then kinda ad-lib but we'll see.

Christian J.S. Schulze Aguiar

Nov 11, 2019
Spain
Guitar Experience (years)
Nov 11, 2019

Andrew Chung

Nov 11, 2019
"You'll know your fretboard better than most guitar players out there, and I mean most good guitar players." But does that include Syn? :p JK, I'm sure it doesn't

Adin Shepherd

Nov 11, 2019
Melbourne, Australia
keeping my struggle to learn the fretboard. Made my diagrams based on learning 5 and 6th strings and the "dotted" frets (3-5-7-9), finding the octaves and using the idea of "chunking" that @Christian J.S. Schulze Aguiar explains on his video. I'm sharing in case someone can find these ideas useful
View attachment 870
Another pattern to take note of is the relationship between B,C,D and E,F,G on adjacent strings.