Golden Goddess Guitar Leaderboard

LF Tuning app for lower tunings (C standard and lower)

Kim

Nov 11, 2019
Hi, im looking for a tuner app for lower tunings, like C standard and lower. I have app that does like 1 step down, but cant find any that goes lower. Do you lnow an app for it or maybe some other way to do low tunings?

Reactions: William Byerley

William Byerley

Legend
Nov 11, 2019
Nether Worlds
I have the free Fender app, I think you can pay and get more options. I don't know what else it can do besides tune stuff
It goes to DADGAD, it's the lowest or Drop A
for the phone

Reactions: Kim

Donovan Etue

Legend
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Washington State
    If you can you're better off with a headstock tuner. They're cheap, pretty easy to use, and are pretty accurate. But if you're just looking for an app, I've had good luck with the Guitar Tuna app. Drop C was the lowest I used with it before I bought a headstock tuner though. It would occasionally have a hard time picking up the low C unless I set my phone pretty close to my guitar. I believe the free one only shows E Stnd but if you pay for the full app you can set the tuning you want and it'll give you the notes you need to tune to as well as recognizing fairly well which string you're playing. It also has some chord charts that can be interesting to go through.

Ids Schiere

Legend
    Nov 11, 2019
    Groningen
    www.facebook.com
    My advice is to get either a pedal or chromatic clip-on tuner. Simply because they will be more accurate because there won't be any outside noise picked up by the microphone.

Clip-on tuners also take the vibration of the wood into account and pedal tuners really just do it by the signal you send through it.

Kim

Nov 11, 2019
    Thanks all for replies!, the 2 ,mentioned apps are the ones I use :)
    Ok, after reading all this i decided to buy a clip on tuner, souns better for using than an app

Reactions: Donovan Etue
    Synner Endless Summer Collection

Firsty Lasty

Nov 11, 2019
    In the past I was always massively skeptical of headstock tuners. Now I put a D'Addario micro on everything. I have a good tuner pedal, but it doesn't get used anymore.

Kim

Nov 11, 2019
    In the past I was always massively skeptical of headstock tuners. Now I put a D'Addario micro on everything. I have a good tuner pedal, but it doesn't get used anymore.
    Ok, i hear D'addario 2 times now in this topic, thats the one im gonna order :)

Search over 1 MILLION titles!