• Syn and Papa Gates stream coming soon!

click here to learn more It's happening. Private stream May 5th 1:00 CDT.
Golden Goddess Guitar Leaderboard

Metranome

Jak Angelescu

Guitarist for Unknown🎸 Mother of Dragons🐉
Staff member
Legend
  • Sep 24, 2019
    Kansas City, MO
    This is going to sound stupid but how do I practice with a metranome? I've never had to play with one before
    Hey there buddy! That's actually not a stupid question at all. That's the greatest question you could ever ask. It's going to be a little difficult to explain if you're not very familiar with rhythmic notation and rhythm counts. If you are not familiar with what things are like a quarter note, 8th note and 16th note or even a rest, I suggest you look into those first.
    The greatest way to practice with a metronome Truly depends, in my humble opinion, how far you are in your playing and what kind of a guitarist you want to be. How long have you been playing?

Wally

Campfire Attention Holder
    Legend
  • Sep 27, 2020
    Michigan City, IN
    Hey there buddy! That's actually not a stupid question at all. That's the greatest question you could ever ask. It's going to be a little difficult to explain if you're not very familiar with rhythmic notation and rhythm counts. If you are not familiar with what things are like a quarter note, 8th note and 16th note or even a rest, I suggest you look into those first.
    The greatest way to practice with a metronome Truly depends, in my humble opinion, how far you are in your playing and what kind of a guitarist you want to be. How long have you been playing?
    I've been playing since I was 13 and I'm 24 now. But I've been playing seriously for about 2 years now. In the past 2 years I've wanted to break out of the basic campfire chords and start learning more about scales. I know about quarter notes 8th notes and 16th notes but I've never had any reliable information to learn how to play with a metranome.

tamagotchigraveyard

Campfire Attention Holder
    Oct 26, 2020
    Charlotte, NC
    This is going to sound stupid but how do I practice with a metranome? I've never had to play with one before
    I’m interested in getting a good metronome, if anyone has suggestions. I got a boss ms-3 on the way but I finally got me a nice clarinet so I’m interested in finding out what’s a good “independent” metronome that is both clearly audible and of well construct?