Brian Haner Sr.

Minor 6th/ Dominant 9th Arpeggios - Lesson 12

Lesson by: Brian Haner Sr.

Hector Trejo

Campfire Attention Holder
Legend
Nov 11, 2019
Houston, TX
When you said "Minor 6th arpeggios will soon be your friend", I was thinking "They'll never top minor 2nd arpeggios"

I was wrong.:LOL:

Thank you so much for these lessons! I'm having so much fun jamming over just altered chords now incorporating whole tone, melodic minor, AND NOW minor 6th arpeggios.

Reactions: Ids Schiere

Brian Haner Sr.

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 11, 2019
They are indeed magical. My fav is the minor 6th over the altered V chord. So you play an E7#9 and play an Fm6 arp. Basically it's notes from the E altered scale. The Fmin 2nd arp works the same way. Love the "outness" of it.

Calvin Phillips

Music Theory Bragger
Nov 11, 2019
Please tell me I'm right when I say gminor is my minor 6th over bflat cause if that's true I'm gonna be so happy cause I just learn those positions before the blues came out.

Brian Haner Sr.

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 11, 2019
Not exactly sure what you're asking here but - Gm6 arp works over C9, Em7b5 & Gb+7b9 (or any Gb7(altered) chord
As far as Bb goes - I suppose it could be used over a Bb13#11 or a C/Bb

Reactions: Syn Gates
Synner Endless Summer Collection

Ids Schiere

Sold-out Crowd Surfer
Legend
Nov 11, 2019
Groningen
Please tell me I'm right when I say gminor is my minor 6th over bflat cause if that's true I'm gonna be so happy cause I just learn those positions before the blues came out.
As far as the Bflat goes it is the minor third of G. The sixth of G is E so if you would play G, E,D, Bb you have a Gm6. However a Bb is a substitution of Gm7 so Bb will work over Gm7 and if you don't include the fifth of Bb in your arpeggio you can do it over Gm6 as well.

Synner Endless Summer Collection

Calvin Phillips

Music Theory Bragger
Nov 11, 2019
Was definitely over complicating it in my head. 100% got it now. Guess I shouldnt assume there wouldnt be an original lesson on a topic discussed.

Reactions: Ids Schiere