My pinky is really out of shape

Matt Wildman

Nov 11, 2019
Liberty IN
Guitar Experience (years)
I’m tired of it not working as well and as fast as the other 4 fingers. Any tips/exercises I can do to increase the coordination?

Jak Angelescu

Guitarist for Unknown. I Run This Joint
Staff member
Sep 24, 2019
Kansas City, MO
I literally have exercises on my YouTube channel that I devised for the pinky specifically. There is one that starts at the beginning at the original hail to the king intro tutorial. And then there is another 1 that says finger exercises or something to that degree. A lot of people have wrote me telling me that it’s helped them tremendously! Hopefully it might help you 🙂

Ids Schiere

Nov 11, 2019
Groningen
www.facebook.com
Honestly, the best way to train your pinky in any way is to actually use it. Like if you have 2 frets in between 2 notes use your pointing finger and your pinky.
You won’t train your pinky unless you use it!

Nov 11, 2019
Check out Syn’s Etudes Sweep Picking One and Legato 1, they will be a real workout and your forearm may be sore, don’t push it and injure yourself! I thought I had pretty decent pinky strength and they whipped my ass into shape real fast!

Jak Angelescu

Guitarist for Unknown. I Run This Joint
Staff member
Sep 24, 2019
Kansas City, MO
This is one. But Syn agreed that the first part of my original HTTK intro tutorial had really good ones. I’ve got to upload my full exercise tomorrow. 🤗🤗🤗