• Site Changes Coming Tuesday

Learn more We have a ton of really exciting updates coming to the site on Tuesday, so keep an eye out for them! During our updates, the site will briefly be down.
Golden Goddess Guitar Leaderboard

Native iOS and Android app

Muz Malek

Hot Topic Tourer
Legend
Nov 11, 2019
Singapore
www.instagram.com
Hey guys,

Just thought I'd kick us off with our first suggestion. If you think we need a native app, go ahead and upvote this post! I'd also love to hear certain features you'd like to see on the native app!
Definitely a need! I'm not so aware of what other guitar school/lessons have this feature(maybe Yousician?), but I feel SGS calls for one too!

Andrei Moraru

Campfire Attention Holder
  • Nov 11, 2019
    andreilucianmoraru.com
    You talking React Native app? As in for mobile?

It...could potentially work. I'll have to come back to see if any ideas sprout to mind, but I think it could prove of good use, especially if you have the time for it :LOL:.

William Byerley

Hot Topic Tourer
    Legend
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Nether World
    What's a native app? I saw metronome, so maybe a tuner too? What about a chat box? For members who are online who want to can chat live? Might need too much moderation, maybe it's possible to block specific things? Would be difficult

Last edited:
    Reactions: Dominik Gräber

Jesse Salmons

Stairway to Heaven Tab Studier
    Nov 11, 2019
    Indiana
    Honestly id love to see an app made for the school! As for features, no ideas come to mind as of now. I think just the base school with the riffs, lessons, and forums sections (and profiles of course) would suffice to a great extent.

Synner Endless Summer Collection

Mike Creuzer

Administrator
    Staff member
  • Nov 11, 2019
    I think this suggestion would essentially be the website or mobile browser version in an app. Which I think is more accessible to many.

Reactions: Ed Seith

Alicia Willis

Administrator
    Staff member
    Legend
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Augusta, GA
    I think this suggestion would essentially be the website or mobile browser version in an app. Which I think is more accessible to many.
    Okay so I’m not tech savvy at all, so let me see if I understand this. It would basically look and function exactly like it does now just as an app.
    🤔

Jak Angelescu

Guitarist for Unknown🎸 Mother of Dragons🐉
    Staff member
    Legend
  • Sep 24, 2019
    Kansas City, MO
    Just make the lessons app friendly. I'm not a tech person but just make sure the focus is on guitar lessons.

What I would love, is that education apps let you set goals and they send reminders. You could have a user profile where you enter goals, and receive a daily reminder at a specific time like "Hey, your guitar isn't going to tap by itself! It's practice time!"

You could also set your goal as time intervals and log each session. Like each day i want to practice one hour. You could log times you practice and if you meet your goal, you get a cool congratulatory message. If you don't you get reminders.

Current lesson reminders, practice reminders, goal reminders...I think would be fun!

Synner Endless Summer Collection