Golden Goddess Guitar Leaderboard
S

New and Old – G D & A – Lesson 14

Lesson by: SynGates.com

Rute Rodrigues

Stairway to Heaven Tab Studier
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Portugal
    @Ids Schiere Had an awesome idea: What do you think of transcribe all instruments? Like not just the guitar parts, but also bass's, vocals and drums? I could write on sheet music, what you think?

Ids Schiere

Hot Topic Tourer
    Legend
    Nov 11, 2019
    Groningen
    www.facebook.com
    @Ids Schiere Had an awesome idea: What do you think of transcribe all instruments? Like not just the guitar parts, but also bass's, vocals and drums? I could write on sheet music, what you think?
    You can do it if you want it but with the Beatles that's a lot of work because they usually use a lot of instruments like piano, mellotron, flutes and orchestras and stuff like that( I mean a day in the life has like 150 violins and 3 pianos in it 😅)

Reactions: Rute Rodrigues
    Synner Endless Summer Collection

David Deatherage

Garage band Groupie
    Nov 11, 2019
    "The hardest thing about this chord is you don't wanna hit the fifth and sixth string. Because (plays chord) that's a terrible sound." I laughed a little too much when Papa Gates said this! XD

Reactions: Lindsey
    Synner Endless Summer Collection

XxDarthVaperxX

Campfire Attention Holder
    Sep 3, 2020
    A trick that worked for me when trying to dampen the low E & A string with your thumb when playing the D Chord, is just letting your thumb relax. When I tensed up I actually fretted a note on the E string, I recommend loosely letting it hover over the strings. Take this with a grain of salt though, hope it helps!

phatloots

Music Theory Bragger
    Legend
    Sep 12, 2020
    holy crap I will definitely going to be doing these chords for a couple weeks before moving on haha. Lots of practice and memorizing to do! its hard to get my fingers to swap between the chords fast enough

Nicholas Paro

New Student
    Nov 11, 2019
    Sedona, AZ
    On the D major chord, I find it easier to fret the third string with my second finger instead of first. and the first string with my first finger. Is this going to mess something up in the future, or is it just recommendation. I don't want to build the muscle memory and hit a snag in the future because I do it this way.

Search over 1 MILLION titles!