• Site Changes Coming Tuesday

Learn more We have a ton of really exciting updates coming to the site on Tuesday, so keep an eye out for them! During our updates, the site will briefly be down.
Golden Goddess Guitar Leaderboard

New player

DavidM

New Student
Mar 16, 2021
Hey folks,

I'm from The Netherlands and I've been playing since 2007. I'm the type of intermediate player that knows just a little more than the pentatonic but wants to shred like a beast (take Syn e.g.) and the Synyster Gates School is really helping me now. I was wondering if there is any special or super useful stuff I should check out rn on this website?

Thanks!

Ids Schiere

Sold-out Crowd Surfer
Legend
Nov 11, 2019
Groningen
Hey folks,

I'm from The Netherlands and I've been playing since 2007. I'm the type of intermediate player that knows just a little more than the pentatonic but wants to shred like a beast (take Syn e.g.) and the Synyster Gates School is really helping me now. I was wondering if there is any special or super useful stuff I should check out rn on this website?

Thanks!
Welcome!

The modes and especially CAGED are Definetely very useful!

Reactions: laurenf
Synner Endless Summer Collection

Dominik Gräber

Hot Topic Tourer
Legend
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Saarland
    www.instagram.com
    Welcome to the Family!

Everything on the Website is equaly awesome so if you want to make the most out of it I suggest using everything.
    Watch some Lessons, ask questions in the Forum, Upload what you are currently practicing to the Media section to get helpful Feedback :rock-hand:

Reactions: laurenf

Brian Haner Sr.

Administrator
    Staff member
    Nov 11, 2019
    Welcome! Go through the lessons. Skip the ones you know - but make sure you REALLY know them. It never hurts to go over something you know "pretty well". Even something as simple as the pentatonic scale. You start with a three-note arpeggio, then add two notes to make a pentatonic scale. Add two more notes and you have the related major (or minor) seven-note scale. When you do that in all five positions (CAGED), you will have connected all major & minor arpeggios, pents & scales across the entire fretboard. Start adding in notes from "more interesting" scales, like melodic & harmonic minor - and you'll be a crazy shredder.
    There's also lots of lessons here on picking techniques; hybrid, economy, sweeping, etc.
    Pick and choose what interests you.
    Have fun and don't be afraid to ask questions - simple or complicated. There are plenty of people here (including me) who can answer them.
    Cheers!
    pg