• SGS Instagram Contest

click here to learn more Perform a riff based on one of the Synyster Gates lessons for the chance to win some awesome prizes!
Golden Goddess Guitar Leaderboard

Perfect record

Calvin Phillips

Music Theory Bragger
Nov 11, 2019
It's ironic eh? I give the band respect for knowing what to do. Like they literally are the band of the nhl now. Went out to the all star game swore on live national TV. And nothing happened lol.

Ed Seith

Supreme Galactic Overlord
Staff member
Legend
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Marana, AZ USA
    Honestly, I always thought Green Day was kind of poser, from the fake accents to the stolen songs (I forget which one, but one of them is TOTALLY Chicago's 25 or six two four, and that's not at all the only one).

Ids Schiere

Hot Topic Tourer
    Legend
    Nov 11, 2019
    Groningen
    www.facebook.com
    I keep thinking about adding continuum by John Mayer to my list of perfect records but he plays 10 of the 12 songs on where is the light is too and all those versions are better IMHO so I just can't do it.

Edward John

New Student
    Nov 11, 2019
    UK
    Honestly, I always thought Green Day was kind of poser, from the fake accents to the stolen songs (I forget which one, but one of them is TOTALLY Chicago's 25 or six two four, and that's not at all the only one).
    Green Day suck, agreed.

Synner Endless Summer Collection

Andrei Moraru

Music Theory Bragger
  • Nov 11, 2019
    andreilucianmoraru.com

Yeah, I know the song. The first thing that hit me when I listened to it. It's called Brain Stew. Also, Jesus Of Suburbia borrows a LOT from Summer of 69 during the second phase of the song. Listened to a lot of Green Day in High School (American Idiot was the jam back then), but I can't really stand them anymore. A lot of it has to do with them becoming way too invested in the political side of things.

Calvin Phillips

Music Theory Bragger
    Nov 11, 2019
    Yeah, I know the song. The first thing that hit me when I listened to it. It's called Brain Stew. Also, Jesus Of Suburbia borrows a LOT from Summer of 69 during the second phase of the song. Listened to a lot of Green Day in High School (American Idiot was the jam back then), but I can't really stand them anymore. A lot of it has to do with them becoming way too invested in the political side of things.

I feel like they stopped writing music and just wrote to be popular. I mean kudos to them cause they sure still have their fans out there and growing more in todays age with the agreement with nhl. They definitely sent stupid.

Calvin Phillips

Music Theory Bragger
    Nov 11, 2019

Blvd of broken dreams is apparently a copycat of another song too.that may be the one you were thinking of.

Ids Schiere

Hot Topic Tourer
    Legend
    Nov 11, 2019
    Groningen
    www.facebook.com
    I forgot The empyrean by John Frusciante. It's one of those records I don't listen to that much because when I do I just kinda stop doing anything else, that's how good it is imo. Weirdly enough also better than any RHCP record imho.

Firsty Lasty

New Student
    Nov 11, 2019
    I'll also shout out a couple of albums which are perfect at what they are.
    Blazon Stone "Down in the Dark"
    Blazon Stone "Hymns of Triumph and Death"

I listened to the song "Into Victory" while driving to work every day no exceptions for probably about two months straight.

Reactions: Jacques
    Synner Endless Summer Collection

Jacques

Campfire Attention Holder
    Legend
  • Nov 29, 2019
    IL
    Sounding the Seventh Trumpet - Avenged Sevenfold
    Waking the Fallen - Avenged Sevenfold
    City of Evil - Avenged Sevenfold
    Self Titled - Avenged Sevenfold
    Nightmare - Avenged Sevenfold
    Hail to the King - Avenged Sevenfold
    Hail to the King: Deathbat - Original Video Game Soundtrack - Avenged Sevenfold
    The Stage (Deluxe Edition) - Avenged Sevenfold
    Live at the Grammy Museum - Avenged Sevenfold
    Black Reign - Avenged Sevenfold
    Diamonds in the Rough - Avenged Sevenfold

• Haha
    Reactions: Ids Schiere

Ids Schiere

Hot Topic Tourer
    Legend
    Nov 11, 2019
    Groningen
    www.facebook.com
    As many of you know I'm a big John Mayer fan and I just have to add Born & Raised and continuum to my perfect record list. Love those records, there are a lot of beautiful songs on both of those.

Reactions: Jacques

Jacques

Campfire Attention Holder
    Legend
  • Nov 29, 2019
    IL
    As many of you know I'm a big John Mayer fan and I just have to add Born & Raised and continuum to my perfect record list. Love those records, there are a lot of beautiful songs on both of those.
    I'm glad that you said what you need to say 🤪

• Haha
    Reactions: Ids Schiere
    Search over 1 MILLION titles!