Planning to return stronger

Christian J.S. Schulze Aguiar

Nov 11, 2019
Spain
How's it going Synners?
I took a little break of guitar, like 3 days (which is LONG for me) and I want to declare my return to the instrument (the addiction). I've been meditating regarding my biggest problem. Its speed....I cannot play fast to save my life. Alternate picking the spider excercise I can reach 150 BPM last time I checked. But while I am working on my leads speed, with a heavy heart I've decided to chase the speed anyways. I am gonna learn a couple of Metallica and Megadeth songs to improve my rythim speed at least. With time I will slowly just improve my lead guitar chops (like my sweeping speed).

Just wanted to share what's going on.

Kai C

Nov 11, 2019
Naha Okinawa
How's it going Synners?
I took a little break of guitar, like 3 days (which is LONG for me) and I want to declare my return to the instrument (the addiction). I've been meditating regarding my biggest problem. Its speed....I cannot play fast to save my life. Alternate picking the spider excercise I can reach 150 BPM last time I checked. But while I am working on my leads speed, with a heavy heart I've decided to chase the speed anyways. I am gonna learn a couple of Metallica and Megadeth songs to improve my rythim speed at least. With time I will slowly just improve my lead guitar chops (like my sweeping speed).

Just wanted to share what's going on.
Keep it up brother, you got it. Keep a journal of what you're doing and every time you play with a metronome log what speeds you reach. The next day start with that or a little below and work to a little bit faster.

Christian J.S. Schulze Aguiar

Nov 11, 2019
Spain
Keep it up brother, you got it. Keep a journal of what you're doing and every time you play with a metronome log what speeds you reach. The next day start with that or a little below and work to a little bit faster.
Will do....today I learned the rythim section of Symphony of destruction and damn....I get blue balls when I hear the solo.....but I am not fast enough yet and I am still struggling with another solo I learned a month almost ago ( Disturbeds Stricken)

Jesse Salmons

Nov 11, 2019
Indiana
Will do....today I learned the rythim section of Symphony of destruction and damn....I get blue balls when I hear the solo.....but I am not fast enough yet and I am still struggling with another solo I learned a month almost ago ( Disturbeds Stricken)
Keep on truckin, brother! Ive been working on “the duel” by dethklok and duude ive been discouraged but i keep truckin’! Takes time, myself and us are here to support you!

Nocturne

Dec 1, 2019
France
Nice! I can't play fast either 😂 Go on a break and put in perspective what are your strength and weaknesses is always good.