Post your original songs here!

Romain Tassan

Nov 11, 2019
Lille, France
Guitar Experience (years)
Hi guys, I think there’s no topic dedicated to members’ original songs. So I thought it would be nice to share our original stuff here, because somehow it’s the purpose of all this theory we’re learning in this school : apply it to create our own stuff innit?
So I’ll start the topic with 2 of my songs :

Now feel free to share your own stuff, discuss ideas, licks, and give feedback about others’ stuff. Doesn’t have to be full songs though, you may just share some specific licks or riffs that you wrote.

This topic was modified 1 month ago by  Romain Tassan.

Reactions: Ezequiel Romanko

Filip Tomiša

Nov 11, 2019
Croatia
www.youtube.com
I have a couple of songs but these two are the ones that I’m most proud of because of how they turned out. They are synth based so there are no guitars involved. I’m also finishing up a new song and I’ll probably release it around halloween because that one is horror themed and has a dark vibe.

I really like your songs, they are very cool, there are a lot of licks, riffs and everything that sound crazy and are very interesting and it all works well together. Nice job Romain!

Rute Rodrigues

Nov 11, 2019
Portugal
This is the only thing I edited yet. I started this at 13, then I gave up of this, and a month a ago I found my old tabs and i decided to finish it. This has all the tecniques that I learned till now.

Sayonil Mitra

Nov 11, 2019
oof. Such a wonderful thread to have in this forum. I am saving this. Need some time to listen to all these tracks. Will post mine soon.

Andy Schultz

Nov 11, 2019
Romain,
Awesome guitar playing. I like the arrangement of you songs as well.
Filip,
I can see why you are proud of these tracks. Not only good songs, but also well produced.

This reply was modified 3 weeks, 2 days ago by  Andy Schultz.

Filip Tomiša

Nov 11, 2019
Croatia
www.youtube.com
Thanks Andy! Your song is awesome as well. Great guitar playing and a lot of different riffs to keep the song interesting. My favourite one is the one that starts at 0:27. It’s simple but very easy to headbang to! Also the one at 0:55 is really cool.

Gabriel Perez

Nov 11, 2019
Salt Lake City, UT
open.spotify.com
Thank you! I also love your solo, it is really melodic (which I really enjoy) and the tone is fantastic. Your licks are really well thought out and the sections are pieced together so that we know where we are in the piece. Great job! Also, I love the shift from melodic to the tapping lick at 2:00. It’s a nice contrast to add in from the melodic style that we were listening to. Can’t wait to hear more from you!

Rute Rodrigues

Nov 11, 2019
Portugal
Hi guys. Just checked all your songs again, cause I wanted to give a good opinion in all of them. @romain I fuckin love your songs, they have kinda a dream theater vibe! On your falling like Lucifer I love your opening riff, and I LOVE what happens at 3:10. That sounds so much of Syn influence! And what happens there is just magic!! Love how it ends. Your other song is just magic to my ears! So John petrucci vibe!! I love it. I would pay really good money to hear you live! You should start a band of originals, that needs vocals!!! Keep it!

Rute Rodrigues

Nov 11, 2019
Portugal
@filip I love your songs! They are cool and chill! Well produced!! Would like to hear one with guitar too!!

This reply was modified 3 weeks ago by  Rute Rodrigues.