Golden Goddess Guitar Leaderboard

Song's for practicing technique

William Byerley

Local Dive Bar Favorite
Legend
Nov 11, 2019
Nether Worlds
Hi guys, I was going through some of my Guitar Pro tracks to find something to practice. I totally forgot about this song, it felt really good playing it again, cause I am better than I was. I thought it would be a good idea to share it.

Hopefully you also have GP and can slow it down to match your speed. For me it's really fun and it helped my playing a lot.
Maybe you guys got songs that you use as well that you would like to share, that you think would be good practice songs or riffs/licks.
In one of Synyster Gates' and Zacky V's Guitar World interviews I remember him saying that I should start this type of picking right away.
He showed a short like 0-0-0-0-0-0-0 riff I think on the low e. Just do that the whole time as fast and accurate as you can till your tired. He also said something along the lines of he likes motiefs? Probably the wrong word but I think he meant songs that keep the pace going.

Reactions: Kim and Xzavier471

Xzavier471

Music Theory Bragger
Legend
May 24, 2020
When I was younger I found BYOB by System of a Down to be good practice for trem picking but if you can already pick faster than the main riff I'd find something else. (y)

Reactions: William Byerley

Xzavier471

Music Theory Bragger
Legend
May 24, 2020
That's great! , I think a mixture of excercises and songs works best because you get to have fun by playing a song you like and get better instead of nothing but boring excercises haha

Reactions: William Byerley
Search over 1 MILLION titles!