Golden Goddess Guitar Leaderboard

Space between tone pots?

Lindsey

• Nov 16, 2019
    The Netherlands
    www.instagram.com
    I've made a threat before about getting rid of one tone pot on my strat to give me more space. The volume knob gets in my way.
    Now I realised it may be a better idea to just move the knobs closer together.
    I'm wondering how far apart the pots have to be so it won't affect the electronics/sound? I couldn't find an answer to this via google.

Ed Seith

Supreme Galactic Overlord
    Staff member
    Legend
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Marana, AZ USA
    I believe the spacing is only about getting fingers around knobs. They're all connected together in the wiring chain, and they're passive modifiers, so spacing shouldn't otherwise matter (may be a different answer for active pickups? I don't think so, but maybe).

Reactions: Lindsey

Lindsey

• Nov 16, 2019
    The Netherlands
    www.instagram.com
    I believe the spacing is only about getting fingers around knobs. They're all connected together in the wiring chain, and they're passive modifiers, so spacing shouldn't otherwise matter (may be a different answer for active pickups? I don't think so, but maybe).
    I mean the space on the inside of the guitar. I believe it should be fine as long as they're not touching but just to be sure..
    what you said made sense. Thanks.

Search over 1 MILLION titles!