• SGS Instagram Contest

click here to learn more Perform a riff based on one of the Synyster Gates lessons for the chance to win some awesome prizes!
Golden Goddess Guitar Leaderboard

Space between tone pots?

Lindsey

Stairway to Heaven Tab Studier
  • Nov 16, 2019
    The Netherlands
    www.instagram.com
    I've made a threat before about getting rid of one tone pot on my strat to give me more space. The volume knob gets in my way.
    Now I realised it may be a better idea to just move the knobs closer together.
    I'm wondering how far apart the pots have to be so it won't affect the electronics/sound? I couldn't find an answer to this via google.

Ed Seith

Supreme Galactic Overlord
    Staff member
    Legend
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Marana, AZ USA
    I believe the spacing is only about getting fingers around knobs. They're all connected together in the wiring chain, and they're passive modifiers, so spacing shouldn't otherwise matter (may be a different answer for active pickups? I don't think so, but maybe).

Reactions: Lindsey

Lindsey

Stairway to Heaven Tab Studier
  • Nov 16, 2019
    The Netherlands
    www.instagram.com
    I believe the spacing is only about getting fingers around knobs. They're all connected together in the wiring chain, and they're passive modifiers, so spacing shouldn't otherwise matter (may be a different answer for active pickups? I don't think so, but maybe).
    I mean the space on the inside of the guitar. I believe it should be fine as long as they're not touching but just to be sure..
    what you said made sense. Thanks.

Search over 1 MILLION titles!