Golden Goddess Guitar Leaderboard

Stiff fingers solution?

Lindsey

Stairway to Heaven Tab Studier
  • Nov 16, 2019
    The Netherlands
    www.instagram.com
    The last few days my fretting hand fingers have been too stubborn to my liking. They just don't move as I wish. I'll admit I'm lacking practice, but usually this problem is solved by just playing for a while.
    I tried stretching and the well know 1234 patterns exercises.

I'm wondering what your favourite exercise or song that helps you with this is?

Jesse Salmons

Garage band Groupie
    Nov 11, 2019
    Indiana
    Usually i just do three string sweep exercises. Start slow and work my way up to just under my fastest speed and once im a little under my fastest speed i start moving around the neck doing 3 string sweeps. Do this for 5-10 min and im warmed up and feeling stretched out

Reactions: Lindsey

Christian J.S. Schulze Aguiar

Hot Topic Tourer
    Legend
    Nov 11, 2019
    Spain
    Well what I usually do is stretch my hands, crack my knuckles, do some grip exercises (see picture below XD ). Then I play my warmup songs ( Currently This charming man...which is a great workout !).

1586518729435.png

Lindsey

• Nov 16, 2019
    The Netherlands
    www.instagram.com
    Well what I usually do is stretch my hands, crack my knuckles, do some grip exercises (see picture below XD ). Then I play my warmup songs ( Currently This charming man...which is a great workout !).

View attachment 653
    The cracking sounds horrible 😂
    I'm going to try those grip exercises, we must have something like that laying around here.

Lindsey

• Nov 16, 2019
    The Netherlands
    www.instagram.com
    Usually i just do three string sweep exercises. Start slow and work my way up to just under my fastest speed and once im a little under my fastest speed i start moving around the neck doing 3 string sweeps. Do this for 5-10 min and im warmed up and feeling stretched out
    Good idea. I haven't done something like that in a while.

Synner Endless Summer Collection

Calvin Phillips

Music Theory Bragger
    Nov 11, 2019
    I can't really comment because I never had stuff fingers. But i use my hands all the time going to whatever beats in my head so they are active all day everyday lol.

Firsty Lasty

New Student
    Nov 11, 2019
    I love to recommend that people massage their forearms front and back before playing, because that's where your "finger muscles" actually are (mostly).

• Love

Calvin Phillips

Music Theory Bragger
    Nov 11, 2019
    I used to have a piano as a child.. played it so much I wore out the keys. I guess music was always in my blood. It makes sense to play guitar. And piano. That's essentially what my fingers do. Move along the imaginary keys.

• Love
    Search over 1 MILLION titles!