• Syn and Papa Gates stream coming soon!

click here to learn more It's happening. Private stream May 5th 1:00 CDT.
Golden Goddess Guitar Leaderboard

Strings

Marcus Frisell

New Student
Nov 11, 2019
Hey everyone, sorry if this has been asked a lot.. I've purchased these strings for my electric guitar.

"Ernie Ball Skinny Top Heavy Bottom 2215 Nickel Guitar Strings 10 - 52"​

Now to my question, which strings do you think I should get for my acoustic guitar? I literally just broke the E string on all 3 of my guitars while playing Buried Alive haha. it's not a good situation, do you have any tips on strings? Anyone know what Syn uses? I'd like to copy if possible. :)

Thank you all in advance!

Ids Schiere

Sold-out Crowd Surfer
Legend
Nov 11, 2019
Groningen
It really depends on the kind of acoustic guitar you have. If you have a western you need steel strings, if it's a spanish guitar you need nylon string and it's a gitane you need savarez argentine. The only acoustic strings I know syn uses are savarez argentine 10s but that's on his gitane. Wouldn't know what he uses on his other acoustics.

William Byerley

Hot Topic Tourer
Legend
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Nether World
    I sold a Spanish guitar once, it had a broken string. The guy put in a different type of string ( possibly steel ), he said it's like adding another element to the guitar. It did sound different, I don't think it's good for that guitar though. ( for the wood )