• Syn and Papa Gates stream coming soon!

click here to learn more It's happening. Private stream May 5th 1:00 CDT.
Golden Goddess Guitar Leaderboard
S

Sweep Picking 2 – Lesson 80

Lesson by: SynGates.com

PaulDi

Garage band Groupie
Dec 31, 2019
Here is my worksheet if anyone wants to print the exercice.:)

Attachments

• Sweep Picking 2 – Lesson 80.pdf
    16.7 KB · Views: 10

Calvin Phillips

Music Theory Bragger
Nov 11, 2019
I really like the sweeping technique. Dan Mumm offers a lot of tutorial and exercices. I bought the Sweep picking mastery bundle and it has some very challenging stuff. https://sellfy.com/danmumm

Here is an exemple on songter:
https://www.songsterr.com/a/wsa/dan-mumm-neo-classical-sweep-song-tab-s457220t0

Very fun to play. Here is the song at full speed with backing track:
Are you advertising here?

Like is that really what the post is about at a free online theory school? Lol

Reactions: AnthonyArena
Synner Endless Summer Collection

PaulDi

Garage band Groupie
Dec 31, 2019
Wish you saw these videos before man you could a saved yourself money
Yes I would not have bought the Dan Mumm stuff.
I think that Papa Gates gives a better explanation.
No advertising, I only want to share my learning path.

Calvin Phillips

Music Theory Bragger
Nov 11, 2019
I had read it a couple.times but yeah I got ya now. Hence the 2nd post.. lol I'd stick here.. he doesn't just tell you to play it he says WHY it works.

Reactions: PaulDi

Christian Schulze

Hot Topic Tourer
Legend
Nov 11, 2019
Spain
It took me a while to get down...but thanks to writing this down into my trusty notebook I got it. Thanks for the exercise PG!!!

Synner Endless Summer Collection

AnthonyArena

Garage band Groupie
Jun 30, 2020
San Jose, CA
www.instagram.com

Man I shit you not I have been working on this for the last two hours and it’s 3am. These are the lessons I have needed to take my playing to the next level for sure. Nothing perfect by any means but by barred sweeps are getting better. I swear when I was first learning how to sweep I did everything I could to avoid barring because I hated it. These exercises definitely improve my willingness to bar and give a clear cut explanation of how Syn (and obviously Brian Sr.) have mastered these techniques.

Wally

Campfire Attention Holder
Legend
  • Sep 27, 2020
    Michigan City, IN
    Anyone have any suggestions for getting my fingers stretched out? I see a lot of guitar players who can move through their fretboard with ease as if they're barley even trying. Me on the other hand I have to damn near do the splits with my fingers just to reach certain notes 😭

Reactions: Jesse Salmons

Jesse Salmons

Stairway to Heaven Tab Studier
    Nov 11, 2019
    Indiana
    Anyone have any suggestions for getting my fingers stretched out? I see a lot of guitar players who can move through their fretboard with ease as if they're barley even trying. Me on the other hand I have to damn near do the splits with my fingers just to reach certain notes 😭
    Theres some exercises you can do, to limber your fingers up, but when it comes down to it, theres 1 word. Practice. Play it slow, build up speed, walk before you run, all that stuff. Incorporate your pinky, find exercises for finger independence, practice scales (The major Scale) and just do it. There’s no trick, no shortcut, just like getting good at anything you gotta do it man!