• Syn and Papa Gates stream coming soon!

click here to learn more It's happening. Private stream May 5th 1:00 CDT.
Golden Goddess Guitar Leaderboard

Syn's Afterlife solo technique, Rock am Ring 2006 solo technique

Leo The Gym Rat

Free Bird Player
Nov 11, 2019
Hello guys!, I was wondering if someone could help me understand what that technique at the end of afterlife is, its similar to a sweep pick, Also, on this radio lesson syn gave. one of the kids asked for him to play something "That sounded impressive" and he played some lick using the technique.
Here's the link for the lesson i was talking about
Skip to 2:12 for the technique
Thanks!

Jesse Salmons

Stairway to Heaven Tab Studier
Nov 11, 2019
Indiana
Just seems like alternate picking with a 2 string sweep to me brother. Like alternate picks the notes on the E, and starts his sweep on the B back to the E and repeats. I could be dead wrong but thats how i interpret it

Reactions: Chris Johnston

Leo The Gym Rat

Free Bird Player
Nov 11, 2019
I think I've managed to replicate it somewhat, so essentially it's exactly what you said, start the sweep at the b and then alternate pick on the e and just repeat thanks for the help!

Chris Johnston

Music Theory Bragger
  • Nov 11, 2019
    North Ayrshire, Scotland
    I think what he's doing is: (Downpick B, sweep to E, Up Pick E, Downpick E, Up pick E, Sweep back to B ) in a loop. Slowed down it's like a 1,2,3, 1,2,3, rhythm:

It's really fun & easy once your hands are used to it! :giggle: apologies the demo was on acoustic, my fiance is asleep in the next room

Leo The Gym Rat

Free Bird Player
    Nov 11, 2019
    I think what he's doing is: (Downpick B, sweep to E, Up Pick E, Downpick E, Up pick E, Sweep back to B ) in a loop. Slowed down it's like a 1,2,3, 1,2,3, rhythm:

It's really fun & easy once your hands are used to it! :giggle: apologies the demo was on acoustic, my fiance is asleep in the next room
    Holy man!, you're really helpful on any topic i'm in, be it theory or technique, thank you so much once again!

Synner Endless Summer Collection