Golden Goddess Guitar Leaderboard

Syn's White Picks

Jake Young

Nov 11, 2019
I’m curious..anyone know what type of picks Syn’s using in some of the sweep videos in the Syn’s Etudes on here? It’s white and looks pretty flimsy

Jak Angelescu

Guitarist for Unknown🎸 Mother of Dragons🐉
  • Sep 24, 2019
    Kansas City, MO
    The only thing that I know is that I’ve heard from a couple of sources he actually uses pretty thick picks. The dude might just be so good at it that it looks flimsy. You could always try personally messaging him on here:) he’s been kind enough to respond to me on a couple of occasions

Ids Schiere

Legend
    Nov 11, 2019
    Groningen
    I recently watched a video of Robin Nolan explaining rest strokes. And in that video he said that it nice to have pretty thick and solid picks for them. How do you do you comfortably do rest strokes with .73’s?

• Love
    Reactions: Shiiji Gates

Jake Young

Nov 11, 2019
    That’s interesting man! I was a tech for Bobaflex for about 10 years and think that sparked an interest for what gear in general (hah including picks) other players use. 2.0 to .73 is a pretty big difference! How do you get such an aggressive attack? Especially when chugging away on the lower strings

• Love
    Synner Endless Summer Collection

Brian Haner Sr.

Administrator
    Staff member
    Nov 11, 2019
    I used .73 picks for 30 years. Syn convinced me to switch to 2.0 mm. Took me 2 years of sucking out loud before I got completely used to playing with it. It’s like playing with a freakin’ rock. Now Syn tells me he uses a .73 because it’s soooo much better than a 2.0. WTF? Grrrrrrr.

Zoltán Barna

Nov 11, 2019
    I’m using the .73 Tortex III picks as well. I used .88 for drop C but now the tuning is the standard on my guitars. 🙂

Alicia Willis

Administrator
    Staff member
    Legend
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Augusta, GA
    So, I’m just seeing this thread since a few folks brought it back to life ! Lol

I use .73 for my acoustic, I always thought they felt weird with my electric but since the man himself uses them....I’m going to have to give them a go on electric as well ! 😍

Theboogieknight

Aug 11, 2020
    Uk
    I like gator 1.14 or 0.96 depending on what in playing, used 2mm for years but felt far better switching, best just to use what you feel comfortable with I guess 🤷‍♂️

John Robinson

Nov 11, 2019
    Nashville tn.
    They’re white Dunlop gator grip 2.0’s but before this last tour I switched over to .73’s because I find them to be a little more articulate. Kinda crazy cuz I’ve used 2.0’s for 15 years.
    I remember a video of you talking about your picks you said...and i quote"some thick bastards"my kids and i still laugh about that

• Love

Ed Seith

Supreme Galactic Overlord
    Staff member
    Legend
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Marana, AZ USA
    I just switched to 2.0 Dunlop purples ones from .73 Dunlop gray. The first day I switched everything sounded fine, the day after not.
    Somethings seem better like when I need to pick fast, but some of the other things I thought I did well before seem off/slower riffs in particular.
    Seeing as I started with .73 being my favorite and now going to 2.0 am I downgrading myself now? Everyones talking about .73 mostly

There is no upgrade or downgrade. It's whatever feels (shape and thickness) and sounds (material and thickness) best to you. You have to be honest with yourself on that. What other people use is a good starting point for experimenting and trying things out, but ultimately, pick choice is very personal and there is no "upgrade" path - they are what they are.

Reactions: Ids Schiere
    Search over 1 MILLION titles!