• Site Changes Coming Tuesday

Learn more We have a ton of really exciting updates coming to the site on Tuesday, so keep an eye out for them! During our updates, the site will briefly be down.
Golden Goddess Guitar Leaderboard

The One Month Challenge

Ibiz123

Free Bird Player
Apr 13, 2021
Hi! Late to the party, as always, but I wanna join with Hail To The King solo. Right now I can play the first part (before it gets wild) at the tempo of 109BPM. We'll see how it goes

Ibiz123

Free Bird Player
Apr 13, 2021
Hi! Late to the party, as always, but I wanna join with Hail To The King solo. Right now I can play the first part (before it gets wild) at the tempo of 109BPM. We'll see how it goes
Update: now I can play the whole solo circa 117BPM, that beginning riff is hella tough tho

Reactions: ari.mac

ari.mac

Local Dive Bar Favorite
Legend
  • Jul 16, 2020
    Italy
    Soooo...we are at the end of my one month challenge so I'll probably record and post a video in the next few days as soon as I get some time to properly sit down to do it!

Wally

Campfire Attention Holder
    Legend
  • Sep 27, 2020
    Michigan City, IN
    Hey friends!

I am starting to get a little bit more active again guitar wise and thought it would be a cool idea to revive this Challenge.

Basicly you choose something you want to work on. It can be anything from learning the fretboard, a scale, chords, a tough solo, a Song or writing an original.
    Work on it every day when possible, even if it's only for 10 minutes. You can achieve so much with 10min/day. Believe me. I learned the Hail to the King solo like that which was way over my Level at the time.
    Record at which Point you are when you start the Challenge and then how you've improved in one Month from then. If you want you can even record a bit of every day!

I personally will work on A7X's The Stage. Not sure if I just pick the Intro or also rhythm and a solo.

Don't let me do this Challenge alone Guys :money-face:
    I'm late to the party on this one but I'm going to do it anyways. I've always wanted to learn the song Roman Sky by Avenged Sevenfold this may be a little cheesy considering this is somewhat of an A7X page but for this next month I'm going to do my best to learn this song.

• Love
    Reactions: Dominik Gräber

Wally

Campfire Attention Holder
    Legend
  • Sep 27, 2020
    Michigan City, IN
    Actually allow me to change my mind on this. The song that I'm going to learn is Fire and Flood by Vance Joy acoustic version. This is something that I feel I have to learn so I can surprise my wife with the song at our baby shower.

Reactions: Dominik Gräber
    Synner Endless Summer Collection

Kim

Garage band Groupie
    Nov 11, 2019
    I started the challenge late, April 12th to be exact so I’ve still got some time. I’m at 75% speed on the Master of Puppets intro. I had to stop practicing for a few days because I was having some awful arm/shoulder pain 🤣
    I can technically play the first bit faster, but the main riff is holding steady at 75%. I honestly don’t know if I’ll be able to bump that speed up anymore but I’m damned sure going to try !
    I think thats pretty fast already, imo impossible at full speed, although there are people who can do it :)
    So excited to see how far you will come, good luck practising!