Tips fo metal/rock songs to play as beginner

Kim La

Nov 11, 2019
Hi all
I play electric guitar for 6 months now.
I just learned For Whom the Bell Tolls – Metallica. And I really playing that songs, because of the different guitar parts. Other songs i play is mostly an intro or same chords over and over again.
So i am looking for some nice metal/rock songs to play that are not too hard, but fun too play and challenging too. Would be nice if there are multiple nice parts in the song, so not just an intro
Some songs I can play: Polly, Lithium, Smells Like Teen Spirit (Nirvana, but u probably know :p), American Idiot, When I come around (Greenday), Seven Nation Army, Zombie, Wonderwall
Also do you guys know some easy finger/solo part to play? I can play Smells Like teen spirit solo, but thats it 😛

Ids Schiere

Nov 11, 2019
Groningen
www.facebook.com
Guitar Experience (years)
Otherwise by RHCP is a nice one, Dirty little girl by burn halo, the river by good Charlotte, everlong by Foo fighters. I’m not that great in judging difficulties of songs but these are the ones I could think of

Adin Shepherd

Nov 11, 2019
Melbourne, Australia
Hmm, I don’t want to say it’s easy but Nothing Else Matters, including the solo, will provide a good challenge. Maybe Come Out And Play by the Offspring if you are into them? Slither (Velvet Revolver), Jeremy (Pearl Jam), Famous Last Words (MCR), Enter Sandman.

Kevin Kwasneski

Nov 11, 2019
Crazy train is always a fun one.
Whole Lotta Rosie is a blast to play. The verse is based around a blues progression, so it’s fun to play with other people too.
Blink 182 stuff – Lots of power chords, it will really train your hand positions
Back in Black – The verse will get you using chords and hammers and pulls
Sweet Home Alabama – Will teach you how to pick through chords rather than strumming.
Happy playing 🙂

Kim La

Nov 11, 2019
Thanks guys for all the tips! A lot of nice songs! I will choose some to play 😉

Bartosz Tkaczyk

Nov 11, 2019
Warsaw, Poland
Guitar Experience (years)
Check Go With The Flow by Queens of The Stone Age and Take It To The Edge by Godsmack. You can watch my covers of these two on my profile. Inhale by Stone Sour and Halo by Soil is easy to learn aswell. And for solo try Say You’ll Hunt Me by Stone Sour or Nothing Else Matters.

Kim La

Nov 11, 2019
Thanks Bartosz. Also some nice songs. I have a lot to choose from, so thats nice! Ill checked your covers, great playing man! I want to be that good! I like your bending in Qotsa. I think the Godsmack song is nice to try for me. Ill start with that one and Everlong from FF
Thanks all for the advice for songs

Sayonil Mitra

Nov 11, 2019
take anything from Green Day or Linkin Park. Most of the songs are pretty basic and leave lots of room for you to improvise.

Andrew Saunders

Nov 11, 2019
The rhythm parts of second heartbeat are pretty easy to wrap your head around. Can easily play the simple parts through the whole song and the short little technical parts are a good challenge.