• Syn and Papa Gates stream coming soon!

click here to learn more It's happening. Private stream May 5th 1:00 CDT.
Golden Goddess Guitar Leaderboard

Tube Screamer/Overdrive Pedals AMA

[DELETED]

Campfire Attention Holder
Nov 11, 2019
I know you don't play djenty stuff or tune to drop Q. That's why I asked, haha. I've been an A7X fan for like 20 years. I met you and Zach at Warped Tour 2002 and we talked about guitar stuff. (Marshall vs. Mesa/Boogie, etc.) Anyway, when I saw this thread, I was like "That dude knows his stuff! I'll ask his opinion." Thanks for the input!
I was 8 years old in 2002, I dont think you met me at Warped Tour lol. That's funny though, I say Drop Q all the time. But let me know whatever pedal you get, especially if you get the Tight Drive

Ed Seith

Supreme Galactic Overlord
Staff member
Legend
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Marana, AZ USA
    soundcloud.com
    I was 8 years old in 2002, I dont think you met me at Warped Tour lol. That's funny though, I say Drop Q all the time. But let me know whatever pedal you get, especially if you get the Tight Drive

Goddamn, thanks for making me feel old, man. My oldest child is a year younger than you. Get off my lawn.

troyf805

New Student
    Feb 1, 2021
    Sorry, I totally thought you were Brian! I talked to Brian and Zach at Warped Tour 2002. I think I'm going to go with the Maxon OD9 if the Joyo Vintage Overdrive and Biyang OD10 I have coming don't cut it. (I'm aware of the irony of trying four $30-40 pedals when I could have just bought a Maxon.) I just got a Mosky Demon Screamer and it's got a weird ringing that I can't control even with a noise gate. I might try a different power supply because I have a cheap D'Addario. I'm also on the waiting list for a Deadweald Duality DX, which sounds super-awesome. It's got a great noise gate which you can use with the four cable method for the entire chain, which is dope.