What are you currently listening to?

Rute Rodrigues

Nov 11, 2019
Portugal
I like a7x, trivium, dream theater, a day to remember, periphery, animals as leaders, Steven Wilson, snarkky puppy...

Ekrem Taha Ünlü

Nov 11, 2019
Turkey
www.instagram.com
Reviving this thread from the old forum with a brand new track from Sylosis. It's been 5 years since they released new music and my god, does this song rip! Riffs for days, amazing grooves and a shred-tastic solo. This is as good as metal gets, truly blown away... Can't wait for the album in February.

I listened about 5 minutes ago haha

Reactions: Daniel Sobota

Edward John

Nov 11, 2019
UK
Reviving this thread from the old forum with a brand new track from Sylosis. It's been 5 years since they released new music and my god, does this song rip! Riffs for days, amazing grooves and a shred-tastic solo. This is as good as metal gets, truly blown away... Can't wait for the album in February.

Dokken

Kai C

Nov 11, 2019
Naha Okinawa
I need to get back into Trivium. I haven't given a complete listen since Shogun 😬 Obviously A7X is on almost whenever I'm driving but I've actually been going the more classic route lately and getting into Led Zeppelin and Hendrix a lot more.

Ed Seith

Nov 11, 2019
Marana, AZ USA
I need to get back into Trivium. I haven't given a complete listen since Shogun 😬 Obviously A7X is on almost whenever I'm driving but I've actually been going the more classic route lately and getting into Led Zeppelin and Hendrix a lot more.
The Sin and the Sentence album, their latest, is outstanding. In Waves and Vengeance Falls are great as well. Silence in the Snow, not so much.

Kai C

Nov 11, 2019
Naha Okinawa
The Sin and the Sentence album, their latest, is outstanding. In Waves and Vengeance Falls are great as well. Silence in the Snow, not so much.
I'll definitely give it a listen tonight. I got out of the metal scene for a while during and after high school with the exception of Avenged but now I'm getting pulled in. Any recommendations on classic metal? I want to study more into Iron Maiden, Pantera, etc but don't know where to start there.

Daniel Sobota

Nov 11, 2019
Dubrovnik, Croatia
I'll definitely give it a listen tonight. I got out of the metal scene for a while during and after high school with the exception of Avenged but now I'm getting pulled in. Any recommendations on classic metal? I want to study more into Iron Maiden, Pantera, etc but don't know where to start there.
Iron Maiden - The Number of the Beast, Piece of Mind, Powerslave and Seventh Son are a MUST.
Pantera literally everything from Cowboys onwards.
Also, first 5 Slayer and Megadeth albums, Judas Priest - Sad Wings of Destiny, Screaming for Vengeance, British Steel and Painkiller. After that you can move to German thrash like Kreator, Sodom and Destruction.

If you want more just ask, I love talking metal with other people.

• Love
Reactions: Ed Seith and Kai C

James Thomas

Nov 11, 2019
Gilroy, California
www.revivalrecs.com
I’ve fallen back into listening to an old favorite band of mine who I haven’t listened to in a second, Between the Buried and Me. Wasn’t a fan of the last two albums they put out through Sumerian, but I’ve been going back through everything from Coma Ecliptic and prior and having a blast haha

Last edited:
Reactions: Ed Seith

Kai C

Nov 11, 2019
Naha Okinawa
Iron Maiden - The Number of the Beast, Piece of Mind, Powerslave and Seventh Son are a MUST.
Pantera literally everything from Cowboys onwards.
Also, first 5 Slayer and Megadeth albums, Judas Priest - Sad Wings of Destiny, Screaming for Vengeance, British Steel and Painkiller. After that you can move to German thrash like Kreator, Sodom and Destruction.

If you want more just ask, I love talking metal with other people.
Thanks man! Got some sick homework now 🤘