• Site Changes Coming Tuesday

Learn more We have a ton of really exciting updates coming to the site on Tuesday, so keep an eye out for them! During our updates, the site will briefly be down.
Golden Goddess Guitar Leaderboard

What Do YOU Want to See on the SGS

Alicia Willis

Administrator
Staff member
Legend
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Augusta, GA
    Hey y'all !

I think by now, the majority of the our lovely members have seen @Jak Angelescu 's forum posts. And boy did she bring up some amazing topics!

It has been quite a while since the inception of the school, and while we have had some changes, a lot of things have remained the same throughout the past few years.

I wanted to start a forum post that's 100% open to all of you to address the things that you love or don't love, and also any ideas you guys have for the school. (100% NO Judgment)

What do you guys want to see? What are some things that would make you engage more ? Are there any lessons you would like added or expanded upon? Are there certain things you don't personally feel are working out well or things that you don't particularly care for? Would you change the layout of the school ? etc. etc.

Your responses can be literally anything !

Let's use this forum to gather as much information as we can !

I kindly ask you guys to please keep this forum to the subject at hand. I know we love to joke around, but I would really appreciate it if we can just use use this forum as a means to gather information.

Also, if for any reason y'all do not feel comfortable speaking here you can always PM me personally and give your thoughts and opinions.
    We all want and value your opinions as you guys are the ones who make this school/community what it is !

Lastly, in the future if you guys ever have any suggestions, there is a forum section where you can voice those. I know we have had a lot of new members recently and y'all may not know this exists. Check it out...we are always eager to hear from you guys ! :)

Last edited:

redlipsofdeceit

Campfire Attention Holder
    Legend
  • Oct 21, 2020
    Brazil
    www.instagram.com
    I really LOVE Syn's AOTM rec (and I wish it were more than once a month, but I know he's busy), so if we could have something similar made by advanced members, so we could learn a bit of music theory while discussing an album, or even just a song... Maybe @Ed Seith could be a great person to start it (not only him, of course, but any of our active members who have a good music theory foundation). This could expand our horizons and we would learn how to train our ears and notice things that we didn't before.
    Also, I want more supporting member emojis. 😆

Aileé Guerra Aréizaga

PhD in GunsN'Roseology
    Nov 11, 2019
    Canada
    www.ailee.ca
    This is a great idea! I personally would love if the layout could change so that when you sign in, the very first thing you see is the riff page instead of the forum.
    I think sometimes people (myself included) get distracted by the threads and then forget to check the riffs. :O
    All our excuses would be busted if they are right in our faces lol.

Gabby Heafy

Campfire Attention Holder
    Legend
  • Apr 5, 2020
    www.instagram.com
    I love the community, but maybe it would be nice to try to involve more students, since most of the time it is always the same active students, the ones who post the most on the forum, perhaps more contests or some topic where they can express their knowledge about music or other things related to their inspirations when playing guitar. The youtube sections would be very interesting, this would attract a lot of attention from more students.

Ed Seith

Supreme Galactic Overlord
    Staff member
    Legend
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Marana, AZ USA
    soundcloud.com
    I really LOVE Syn's AOTM rec (and I wish it were more than once a month, but I know he's busy), so if we could have something similar made by advanced members, so we could learn a bit of music theory while discussing an album, or even just a song... Maybe @Ed Seith could be a great person to start it (not only him, of course, but any of our active members who have a good music theory foundation). This could expand our horizons and we would learn how to train our ears and notice things that we didn't before.
    Also, I want more supporting member emojis. 😆
    I really do NOT have a strong foundation in theory, but if there's interest, I'd be happy to share an album a month that was formative for me as a musician and guitar player. I also seem to have some stories that some of you find interesting, some of which can tie into some of those albums. Anyone really want that?

John Robinson

Music Theory Bragger
    Nov 11, 2019
    Nashville tn.
    I really do NOT have a strong foundation in theory, but if there's interest, I'd be happy to share an album a month that was formative for me as a musician and guitar player. I also seem to have some stories that some of you find interesting, some of which can tie into some of those albums. Anyone really want that?
    I would be down with that

John Robinson

Music Theory Bragger
    Nov 11, 2019
    Nashville tn.
    Hey y'all !

I think by now, the majority of the our lovely members have seen @Jak Angelescu 's forum posts. And boy did she bring up some amazing topics!

It has been quite a while since the inception of the school, and while we have had some changes, a lot of things have remained the same throughout the past few years.

I wanted to start a forum post that's 100% open to all of you to address the things that you love or don't love, and also any ideas you guys have for the school. (100% NO Judgment)

What do you guys want to see? What are some things that would make you engage more ? Are there any lessons you would like added or expanded upon? Are there certain things you don't personally feel are working out well or things that you don't particularly care for? Would you change the layout of the school ? etc. etc.

Your responses can be literally anything !

Let's use this forum to gather as much information as we can !

I kindly ask you guys to please keep this forum to the subject at hand. I know we love to joke around, but I would really appreciate it if we can just use use this forum as a means to gather information.

Also, if for any reason y'all do not feel comfortable speaking here you can always PM me personally and give your thoughts and opinions.
    We all want and value your opinions as you guys are the ones who make this school/community what it is !

Lastly, in the future if you guys ever have any suggestions, there is a forum section where you can voice those. I know we have had a lot of new members recently and y'all may not know this exists. Check it out...we are always eager to hear from you guys ! :)
    Im not sure where to put it...maybe in the lessons but i would like to see some gypsy jazz tutorials..maybe like syns etudes or pappa gates blues master class

Synner Endless Summer Collection

Ids Schiere

Sold-out Crowd Surfer
    Legend
    Nov 11, 2019
    Groningen
    I would like some stuff on more exotic scales that you don't hear or see everyday like double harmonic major and stuff like that. Maybe even a collection of scales that work over the dominant seventh chord because I'm a little obsessed with things that work over that one 🤣

Besides that, since I see a lot of people struggling with practice maybe you can make a lesson plan within in the school yourself of the lessons you're interested in and that lesson plan shows up when you log in as a subtle reminder. Doesn't have to be straight in your face like 'praftice motherfucker' but a subtle nudge going 'hey, this is your lesson plan and this Is where you're at in it' could maybe help.

Ed Seith

Supreme Galactic Overlord
    Staff member
    Legend
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Marana, AZ USA
    soundcloud.com
    Ids is onto something there - some help from the pros about how to build a good, effective practice regimen - what it means, how much time to spend, how long improvement typically takes, etc. Some small medium and large when it comes to time-per-day schedules, etc.

There's a lot we could do to make this a one-stop shop for guitar, and we have some real improvements we could make to build on the excellent foundations.

John Robinson

Music Theory Bragger
    Nov 11, 2019
    Nashville tn.
    Ids is onto something there - some help from the pros about how to build a good, effective practice regimen - what it means, how much time to spend, how long improvement typically takes, etc. Some small medium and large when it comes to time-per-day schedules, etc.

There's a lot we could do to make this a one-stop shop for guitar, and we have some real improvements we could make to build on the excellent foundations.
    I agree with that..i know myself..if i dont see progress i get discouraged a little

Filip Tomiša

Garage band Groupie
    Nov 11, 2019
    Croatia
    www.youtube.com
    I've been playing one video game for a while and one of the features it has is a daily challenge. So every 24 hours you get a new challenge.

So i was thinking the other day, it would be cool if there's a daily challenge on the sgs. So in theory how this would work is you would have these challanges made and then they would change each day ( I know that making 365 different challenges would be very hard and time consuming but it doesn't have to be that much. There can be like 50 or so and then they would just repeat.) So with each challenge there could be a lesson attached or a link that directs you to it and the lesson would explain to you more in-depth on what you have to do and I think that could potentialy draw more people to the lessons because I've heard countless times that people don't pay enough attention to them.

And in the end, there could be an achievement for completing all 50 challenges or however many there might be and that could motivate people to participate in them.

Last edited:

Ids Schiere

Sold-out Crowd Surfer
    Legend
    Nov 11, 2019
    Groningen
    So many great ideas already. And I can agree with all of them.

Don't have an idea for a new Feature right now but wanna mention that personally, I feel the Leaderboard is more annoying than anything Else.
    "Oh three new notifications?" -you've reached Level 2534663 of weekly shitposts with Jak
    "Wow, thanks"
    I can agree with the leaderboard thing to a degree. It's like 'ooh three notifications, cool somebody needs help or have feedback to my riff' and it's just the leaderboards. Maybe enable an option to tune notifications for that on or off? I personally just kind of go 'ooh cool' but not much else

Jak Angelescu

Guitarist for Unknown🎸 Mother of Dragons🐉
    Staff member
    Legend
  • Sep 24, 2019
    Kansas City, MO
    So many great ideas already. And I can agree with all of them.

Don't have an idea for a new Feature right now but wanna mention that personally, I feel the Leaderboard is more annoying than anything Else.
    "Oh three new notifications?" -you've reached Level 2534663 of weekly shitposts with Jak
    "Wow, thanks"
    I agree. I have more to say when it isn't 5am. There was a poll on the school IG page for that, and a lot of students voted they didn't care for those. I think SOME could be good. But maybe have it weekly instead of daily and they could be like most riffs posted or most lessons completed.

Jak Angelescu

Staff member
    Legend
  • Sep 24, 2019
    Kansas City, MO

Kiko loureiro has a course for that. It's huge and so beneficial

Jak Angelescu

Staff member
    Legend
  • Sep 24, 2019
    Kansas City, MO
    Well then, use your Jakness to get Kiko's ass over here to provide the service. :)
    I know that Bill is in development of one. He doesn't have a set site to launch it through though. Maybe we can use his? The only issue is that people want more action from Syn. No one's gonna buy a Kiko Loureiro course through the SynGates school when Kiko already has his own school. No one cares enough about Bill to make the effort worthwhile. I say if Syn and Papa designed this whole fucking school, they can do a step program and fucking make yank off of it.

Jak Angelescu

Staff member
    Legend
  • Sep 24, 2019
    Kansas City, MO
    I think, in general, we all can agree that we need more guitar-related stuff going on and more interaction from Syn and maybe a bit more from Papa. And we need some material that costs because that exclusivity is what many want to be a part of. We've had the same content on here for 4 years, sans the blues classes. It's time to up the game and stomp the competition!:cool::cool: