What genre do you play ? Is someone here who dosen't even play guitar?

Joe Giumarello

Nov 11, 2019
I’m into classic rock, hard rock and metal. Metallica, Avenged, Pantera, Linkin Park. I’d love to play John 5’s country/metal hybrid instrumentals but they’re absolutely insane. Hopefully I’ll get there with in the next 2 years with the help of this site because I do not have a guitar teacher anymore. Also I’ve been exploring gypsy style music a little and looking into the Dominant Phrygian scale and harmonic minor scale.

Nic Cullen

Nov 11, 2019
I’m into ‘90s/‘00s rock/punk, etc. as well as classic rock. I don’t play a whole lot of metal, to be honest.

Ids Schiere

Nov 11, 2019
Groningen
www.facebook.com
Guitar Experience (years)
Im mostly into hard rock, classic rock, A7x, Blues and a bit of gypsy jazz. Been starting to get more into classical too for the past 6 months or so

Gerben

Nov 11, 2019
I like especially prog rock/prog metal, but I also like rock/metal in general. Bands like Dream Theater, Megadeth, Metallica, Pink Floyd, Marillion, Between the Buried and Me, ofc A7X, stuff like that.

Andreas Laich

Nov 11, 2019
When I startet playing guitar i took lessons for classical guitar, when i switched to electric guitar i stopped taking lessons and just played what i liked to listen to, which was mainly my chemical romance, billy talent, blink 182 and rise against at that time, and i still love to hear and play that kind of music
with a7x (and bullet for my valentine) i found my love for metal, which i consider to be my main genre now
a few years ago i started to discover the subgenres of metal, mainly considering listening, but i’d also like to learn a lot of different styles and genres on guitar
hopefully i will be able to play syn’s and advanced stuff, gipsy jazz, and much more someday!
also like jeff loomis a lot

Daniel Sobota

Nov 11, 2019
Dubrovnik, Croatia
What I’d like to play is a mix of various metal styles, mainly thrash, prog, black and melodeath. Most of my favorite bands fall into that category, so I guess I could be able to write riffs and melodies in those genres because I “understand” them. But I’d also like to take influences from non-metal genres such as classical, jazz and experimental. I wouldn’t play those styles per se, but I’d mix them with my metal, kinda like what Syn does.
I don’t know man, I have song ideas for these huge concepts, and most songs would be long and have multiple guitar solos and kick-ass riffs. That’s what I’m into haha.

Stacy Lyle

Nov 11, 2019
I bounce between a lot of old school hair metal and early punk/ stuff. Lots of Ramones/Misfits-Dead Boys and then swap it too poison/Junkyard/Faster Pussycat type stuff love that sleazy hair metal stuff

Tim Hutchins

Nov 11, 2019
Nashville, TN
sydewynder.bandcamp.com
I play metal. I play all types of metal and hard rock. I took jazz lessons growing up and have an appreciation for Jazz and blues but I mostly play and write around the metal genre. I enjoy bands along the lines of: Pantera, Trivium, Killswitch Engage, Atreyu, Bullet for My Valentine, Lamb of God, Machine Head, Slipknot, and Avenged Sevenfold (Being my favorite)

Zé Marques

Nov 11, 2019
Guitar hero made me want to play guitar. From guitar I discovered metal. And from then I discovered that I like guitar music. And from then I finally discovered what I like the most, melodic music. Music with harmony and feeling behind it. One example for me is I really like Polyphia’s stuff, but cannot stand Meshuggah and songs that are “basically” a chug and rhythm fest.

Dylan Tower

Nov 11, 2019
Honestly I appreciate any style of music that involves talent or the pioneering of music. I love everything from jazz and fusion, to blues, to thrash, to death(and all those weird core genras), to prog/djent.