What i need to do with CAGED

Lavrov Mihai

Nov 11, 2019
Hi guys , i've just finished learning about CAGED and now i know what it's about. With all that said i didn't really understant how to jam on 3 chords. If someone can explain me how can i jam on for example on chords: C A D , i'd be very thankfull. P.S please give a simple explanation because i don't really understant all the musical therms. Thank youuu!

Ids Schiere

Nov 11, 2019
Groningen
www.facebook.com
Guitar Experience (years)
You can take a scale that works over all three chord and you're set(either the C or the A is an oddball in that progression though). Try G major scale(in this case it's actually called D mixolydian but don't worry about that for now) and ad in A major pentatonic every once in a while. Learn both of those all over the neck using CAGED and that's how you can use CAGED

Lavrov Mihai

Nov 11, 2019
You can take a scale that works over all three chord and you're set(either the C or the A is an oddball in that progression though). Try G major scale(in this case it's actually called D mixolydian but don't worry about that for now) and ad in A major pentatonic every once in a while. Learn both of those all over the neck using CAGED and that's how you can use CAGED
[/QUO
So basically what your are saying is that a g major scale should work for this chord progression right?

Reactions: Ids Schiere