Winston sings in german??

Big Fat Liar

Nov 11, 2019
Saarland
So Parkway Drive just released a GERMAN version of their killer song The Void

And as a german I gotta say this is amazing. Really well translated, the rhythm doesn't sound off and Winston does a great job at singing german. Didn't think that could turn out that good. Any opinions on this version? No idea how that sounds for someone not speaking the language :D

Daniel Sobota

Nov 11, 2019
Dubrovnik, Croatia
The funny thing about this is that I clearly remember thinking when The Void first dropped "I bet the Germans will go ape shit for this song when they play it live." It just has a German feel, you know? It's the type of metal that goes the best for you people, and I say that in the best possible way.

Really cool that they did this. Now imagine Hail to the King getting this reimagination... :LOL:

Big Fat Liar

Nov 11, 2019
Saarland
The funny thing about this is that I clearly remember thinking when The Void first dropped "I bet the Germans will go ape shit for this song when they play it live." It just has a German feel, you know? It's the type of metal that goes the best for you people, and I say that in the best possible way.

Really cool that they did this. Now imagine Hail to the King getting this reimagination... :LOL:
I actually never spend a thought about them singing in german 😂 Mostly because in most cases I don't like the german language in a german context. But as I said, this is fantastic. It's not easy to translate a song in a different language and still make it work.

Having said that, how about we're NOT doing that with HTTK? :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Filip Tomiša

Nov 11, 2019
Croatia
www.youtube.com
It sounds fucking awesome. Like I'm listening to a new band. I can't wait for the documentary to come in a digital form so that I can watch it. the previous two were amazing.

I was suprised when I saw this just like when I saw that there are english versions of Du Hast and Engel by Rammstein.

Reactions: Big Fat Liar