Woah- a musical community I'm proud to become a part of.

c.rupp

Jul 31, 2020
Santee, California
Guitar Experience (years)
The name's CJ.
Firstly, wow. I haven't been a part of this site long but I already feel at home here. Everyone's so encouraging and motivating to each other, just seeing all the hard that you guys put in, and how it's actually recognized and praised- it's just rad.
I did write a ton of cheesy, sappy crap to try and introduce myself and even uploaded it last night, but I figured no one wants to hear about the Fender Strat my metalhead uncle Markie (Coolest uncle, like, ever. You wish you had a uncle like Markie.) somehow managed to buy me when I was maybe 10-ish..?
So, yeah, here I am rewriting pretty much everything. I'm just so excited to get to learn and grow with you guys, you're all absolutely amazing and I'm so stoked to be part of such a phenomenal community of musicians.

Last edited:

Donovan Etue

Nov 11, 2019
Washington State
Could've sworn I commented on here but I guess not so sorry about that! Welcome CJ! Glad to have you here man. I first made an account when the school initially opened up and kind of stalked the forums reading what info I could. I didn't even own a guitar yet. I was saving up for it at the time so I figured I'd try and learn what I could beforehand to make the learning experience either. Starting from day 1 of owning/learning guitar I've used this site. Seeing how the school has evolved over time and seeing the community grow and grow has been incredible. I feel honored being a part of this community even if I'm not a big piece of it. Anyway that was a tad cheesy but I figured after reading your post I'd add in a small bit of my experience with this group.

• Love
Reactions: Ed Seith and c.rupp

c.rupp

Jul 31, 2020
Santee, California
Could've sworn I commented on here but I guess not so sorry about that! Welcome CJ! Glad to have you here man. I first made an account when the school initially opened up and kind of stalked the forums reading what info I could. I didn't even own a guitar yet. I was saving up for it at the time so I figured I'd try and learn what I could beforehand to make the learning experience either. Starting from day 1 of owning/learning guitar I've used this site. Seeing how the school has evolved over time and seeing the community grow and grow has been incredible. I feel honored being a part of this community even if I'm not a big piece of it. Anyway that was a tad cheesy but I figured after reading your post I'd add in a small bit of my experience with this group.
Man, that's the coolest! Don't be sorry- I love that people like you can feel free to share their experience- that's what it's all about, after all. I also feel extremely honored to be a part of this community, and I've never felt more at home anywhere else. (I freaked the HELL out when I saw that Papa Gates replied to this thread. I look up to that guy more than anyone else.) Plus, the lessons are paying off; I've seen exponential growth in my technique and skill and it hasn't even been a week yet! So stoked to get to learn with you guys, and learn from you guys.

c.rupp

Jul 31, 2020
Santee, California